Rabbit MQ installs to “C:Program FilesRabbitMQ Serverrabbitmq_server-3.7.1”. Even if you specify a different path during the installation, only the installation & setup files go to that path, the database i.e messages/queues/exchanges/users by default go under the user folder of the user installing it “C:UsersyassershaikhAppDataRoamingRabbitMQdb”.
- Download & Install Erlang
- Download & Install RabbitMQ.
- Open command prompt as admin from “C:Program FilesRabbitMQ Serverrabbitmq_server-3.7.6sbin” or from wherever you have made your rabbitmq installation, in my case it was the D drive, and run these commands
- Run rabbitmq-service remove
- Run set RABBITMQ_BASE=d:RabbitMQ
- Run rabbitmq-service install
- And its done! Next you can install whatever plugins you need —
rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management to enable a web UI for managing and monitoring your RabbitMQ service is a must install.